Sachs guru needed 505

hey looking for some info on the sachs 505/b.

picked up this engine in a pile with a bike....

clutch cover was off when purchased, looks like im missing some part of the starter clutch, anyone know what i need judging by the photo?

2nd question, when i turn the pedal shaft it only wants to rotate freely backwards, try to turn it forward and it locks up, anyone have this issue?

3rd question, looks like all the bottom case screws are missing, anyone know what sizes these are??

thanks in advance

5ADAC8CD-987D-4BA4-B504-635A03F3BB47.jpeg

Re: Sachs guru needed 505

Dan (high idle) Conway /

hey! youre missing the starter clutch arm that grabs the cable. definitely pick up a gasket for that cover, some new clutch pads (usually they dont hold up ime) , and youre gonna wanna give all those plates a good burnishing. these clutches slip a whole lot, so the more grabbing the better. https://www.mopedjunkyard.com/Sachs-Clutch_c_542.html

this guys got a lotta good sachs stuff! heres a link to the transmission parts page

thank you so much!!

that site has most of the odds and ends i need including case bolts.

it looks like it does pedal forward, the clutch just seems to be stuck engaged, im thinking it just needs reassembled/cleaned up.

anyone have a clever way to hold the washer without the special tool? any other tips or things i should know before dismantling the clutch? seems a bit weird compared to most single speed clutches.

thanks again

Check that lever on the pedal isnt engaged forward.

I've got all the parts you need I think

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Dowse with aero kroil wait a few hrs tap gentlywith hammer then mavel mystery oil it and work clutch with lever repeativly till smooth.

When that fails do a re build.

The spring is not in right...it clips in the bottom of the case opening...can't see the adjusting screw and nut..if you don't find all you need pm me i have all of it but have several sachs i might need them for but will consider letting them go to help you out (edited)

thanks guys!! ordered everything i needed off mopejunkyard (screw/nut/cable bracket). thanks for the tip on the clutch as well, i will kroil her up and see what happens.

ok so i soaked the clutch in penetrating, but i still had to take it apart and clean all the plates up. pretty straightforward, piston stop and remove the nut. everything was really rusty but it spins free now so im hoping a bit of running in with tranny oil will get it working ok. thanks again.

yea, its worth sanding em clean

> Pops Peds Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The spring is not in right...it clips in the bottom of the case

> opening...can't see the adjusting screw and nut..if you don't find all

> you need pm me i have all of it but have several sachs i might need them

> for but will consider letting them go to help you out

Pops is not real. Fake troll account.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account