BING CARB

How far should slide move on new 15mm bing. I can only slide mine with cable half inch or so and same with cable out. Just seems like not enough but only thing limiting it is the spring

Re: BING CARB

It should move enough to fully close and fully open the throat of the carburetor. So about 15mm.

So the cable, throttle end shortend and hooked up on bike. Sure it opens slide 15mm or so at WOT but it only takes 1/4 turn of throttle to do it. It snaps back proper and nothing sticking or preventing wot in cable. Bike is 77 maxi carb is new 15 bing

Wesley Ambrosini /

Some throttles open in a shorter length

Be careful with that carb. You said new so I assume it's a shitty Chinese clone. Make sure to get your jetting right. And if you have an og bing, swap out the parts into the clone.

Don't wanna seize your engine.

It is not a clone its a new 15mm bing

Where did you find a NOS 15 bing?

Wesley Ambrosini /

Doesn't treats have genuine bings?

Yes treats, lucky 2 strokes, i am sure lots of places do

15mm is like 1/2 inch of travel... seems like the carb is opening fully. Race bikes have short pulls like this... my magnum throttle pulls a vm18 fully upen in the same 1/2 travel. As long as nothing is binding and your carb is opening fully you are good to go.

> Jay Rivett Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> 15mm is like 1/2 inch of travel...

Just to be picky , 15mm is closer to 37/64" . LOL

1/2" is only 12.7mm . ;)

Ha, had no idea. Just assumed you got a cheap clone like.....well everyone else it seems.lol

Chuck Fischer /

I have a 1979 Kreidler MP 9 moped. It needs a new Bing 1/12/260 (1 barrel, 12 mm) carborator. But I can't find one. Would sincerely appreciate anyone's help on where I can find one.

treats sells 12mm clones for 45 bucks

> P D Wrote:

> > Jay Rivett Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > 15mm is like 1/2 inch of travel...

>

> Just to be picky , 15mm is closer to 37/64" . LOL

>

> 1/2" is only 12.7mm . ;)

Ha! You got me there! I truly wish the US would get on board with the rest of the world... use the metric system... call soccer, football.... etc.

> Jay Rivett Wrote:

> Ha! You got me there! I truly wish the US would get on board with the

> rest of the world... use the metric system... call soccer,

> football.... etc.

Hmm , the US dollar is metric based .

And , soccer is actually a better name , as the ball spends as much time away from the foot and in contact with other body parts .

But , yeah , maybe it would be nice if the rest of the world would speak and write only English . ;)

Overpriced Parts /

> P D Wrote:

> > Jay Rivett Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Ha! You got me there! I truly wish the US would get on board with

> the

>

> > rest of the world... use the metric system... call soccer,

>

> > football.... etc.

>

> Hmm , the US dollar is metric based .

>

> And , soccer is actually a better name , as the ball spends as much time

> away from the foot and in contact with other body parts .

>

> But , yeah , maybe it would be nice if the rest of the world would speak

> and write only English . ;)

Almost impossible to see or mark a 1 mm mark pencil mark on the floor for layout and most chalk lines snap a way wider line then 1mm, same with laser lines they’re bigger than a millimeter if you get a bit of distance they're way bigger so when using materials in millimeters it’s hard to get a perfect Layout, 1 foot dimensions the layout is good for most construction 1 Meter is too large, for very fine stuff we use thousands of an inch,

Metric is great for Laboratories though Celsius I don't Understand why they use that, it only has 100 Degrees from the freezing point of water to the boiling point of water, Stones Wt measuring and hands high are inaccurate way of measuring, Liters, Imperial gallons etc.

So England and USA both have accurate and inaccurate ways of measuring stuff at same time, I think it’s great, we don’t need to be global everything/Globalists,

Let countries do what they are used to doing

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> So England and USA both have accurate and inaccurate ways of measuring

> stuff at same time, I think it’s great, we don’t need to be global

> everything/Globalists,

>

> Let countries do what they are used to doing

I get what your saying.... I just hate fractions soooo much.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account