Re: 1980 Puch Maxi horn wiring

Trudy Fair /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

"........the horn makes that annoying gurgling wheezing sound."

Thank you Blaine. I just brought my Maxi back to life on Halloween ( IT'S ALIIIIVVEEEE !!!! ) and the horn works, but I thought, "Jeezopete !! Is it SUPPOSED to sound like THAT ????"

Apparently it is. I was going to try to describe it as The Roadrunner when the Acme anvil finally landed on it, but annoying gurgling and wheezing pretty much nails it. Also you kind of can't hear it over the sound of the engine very much, so what's the point ? I'm just pretty jazzed that I brought the bike back to life. It’s kind of a beautiful little thing, and everything works. Even the horn - with it's annoying, gurgling, wheezing, roadrunner after the Acme anvil lands on it sound. I kind of love the sound of the horn. In the words of Gen. Patton, "God help me. I do love it so."

Thanks, Blaine, now I don't have to try to make it better. And a great big thank you to all of you who have been so kind to answer questions and offer the most helpful tips and advice and encouragement.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account