Brand new to Mopeds- questions about fixing old Puch Maxi

Michael Winn /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hello! I am new to Mopeds and all brands. Looking to buy my first. I am looking at a Puch Maxi, appears to be late 1970's to early 1980's, but it is not currently running. Looks to have been stored nicely in a basement- no rust, and intact, (without close inspection yet). Tires look decent and hold air. Looks like it has close to 3000 miles on it.

What would be a fair price to offer as I would then have to spend money to fix it. And is it expensive to fix one of these? My apologies if this is a dumb question- I realize it could be anything and everything that is wrong. Also, Anything I can do when I look at it to see if I need to replace the entire engine? I am not experience in small engine repair but am willing to get my hands dirty and learn!

Thanks, Mike

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account