igniton coil question

I have a '78 Honda Express and I want to replace the spark plug wire and boot. Can I just replace the wire or do I have to replace the whole coil?

Re: igniton coil question

the whole coil. get a aftermarket coil with replaceable wire.

You can definitely replace just the wire and boot, unless this is some special coil

some coils are hard mounted, most the wire threads in the same way as the boot, just twists on/off. if it wont twist, replace the whole coil, wire and all

there is a wire extender u can get , kinda like a coupler, twist onto your old wire, then twist on your new wire.

yea, i've had to "make" a coupler before and just used a screw with the head cutoff and jam it n both sides and tape it up. kinda janky but... mopeds

Hey, I really like that idea. Someday I'll make a snake of all the spark wire off cuts I have

at one point and I'm not sure why this came about but we just jammed a safety pin through 2 side by side wires and that worked for a roadside fix, you gotta be careful tho cuz shit's live

Pushrod Fifty /

You can try using a dremel tool to grind the plastic away from coil wire and resolder a new wire onto the tab. Use jbweld or marine tex gray to fill the plastic back up.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account