Sachs Westlake not accelerating after removing displacement val

Hello guys, so I was having displacement valve problems and I tried to fix it by removing the valve assembly and putting a bolt in instead. I plugged it up with Loctite thread lock but now the bike wont accelerate. It idles pretty well (sometimes cuts out still) but I can't get it to accelerate! It lurches occasionally then back to idle even at full throttle. I'm admittedly a little new to all this but I think the bike just might not be getting a proper seal? Either that or I messed something up tightening the clutch cable... I need this to be working by Monday so I can get to work, any advice? Thank you so much!

IMG-20200609-WA0005.jpg

Re: Sachs Westlake not accelerating after removing displacement val

Forgot to mention, it started and ran fine starting cold and it went a good 5-10 minutes before it died. I took the new bolt out and added more Loctite then the same thing happened. I tried putting a bit more slack in the clutch cable and that didn't help... I'll try starting it cold again in ~30 mins

stick to one thread please.

Condenser could be bad, that valve is called a decompression valve, why did you remove it?

Wtf

The pin was rattling and a bunch of people said to just remove the thing so I did

> pat splat Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> stick to one thread please.

Sorry I'm used to reddit not traditional forums, I'll keep everything in this thread from now on

sticking to one post makes life easier, make sure u get a long, a too long, an extra long bolt cuz the seal happens at the tip and not your threads, nor the shoulder, but way down there, no need for red locktight.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account