Any advice for first start on a V1

Ľ̷̝̽͒i̶̛̼͑͠ȁ̸̧̛̽m̵̻̟̯̀̅ ̷͎̙̽̊F̶̲̺͑̓ F /

Howdy, this is my first minerelli bike that I just picked up. Seems like it has everything needed to run, I replaced the carb with one of my old 14.12s with an original jet. Are there any fluids or things I should check before I try and start it?

D56774EF-B1D5-4967-8611-36372FE38569.jpeg

Re: Any advice for first start on a V1

The clutch bath takes about 20 ounces of Non Detergeant 20 or 30 weight oil, the fuel mix is 40 to 1

They have an internally wired brake kill switch, meaning if your taillight burns out, your bike won't start. So if your lights aren't hooked up or you're unsure if they work, ground out the brake light, or disconnect the black wire at the engine.

You can run the wires straight to the coil if you want to start the engine before wiring it all up. Red to positive, blue to negative, and black to nothing. run a ground wire from the neg on the coil to the frame.

You won't have a kill switch if you do this, so you'll have to choke it out, or put your hand over the carb inlet to kill it.

I hotwire all my bikes first to make sure the engine runs, and that the wiring or switches aren't messed up. That way when you hook all the wiring up, if it doesn't run, you know the engines good, and you can trace the problem easier.

If it's sat for a long time, or you just rebuilt the engine, or whatever, put a little bit if two stroke oil, a few drops in the plug hole, so you don't have a dry start.

A light up spark tester is a nice tool to have to make sure you have spark. They're like five bucks at harbor freight.

Check gap and clean points.

Clean carb, use new fuel mixture, and hopefully it fires right up.

id sweep up the leaves from fall first.

Whats the rear axle size on these? I stripped out the axle on both sides somehow. Also I cleaned the leaves lol

> Ľ̷̝̽͒i̶̛̼͑͠ȁ̸̧̛̽m̵̻̟̯̀̅ ̷͎̙̽̊F̶̲̺͑̓ F Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Whats the rear axle size on these? I stripped out the axle on both sides

> somehow. Also I cleaned the leaves lol

Why not simply measure it or run the next size smaller die on the ends and fit it with like sized nuts ?

I’m thinking i should replace the bearings as well, as it does not spin as freely as my other bikes, although I may try to thread it the next size down, since I just want this as a cheap loaner bike for my cousin or any friends

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account