A3 70cc Even Bogging to death once reaching hot temps.

Conor Stratton /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Really looking for some direction here,

Silver Bullet I kitted with a 70cc A35, side bleed pipe, vm 18 carb.

What’s happening is the bike runs absolutely perfect and then about 10 minutes in (once the engine is at max heat) it bogs evenly and quickly to dead. Won’t start again until it has cooled.

It has been checked a million times for air leaks in the usual suspect areas, all good.

It started with a 70 jet in the kit and was too lean. Went to 85, too rich, back to 80 too rich, back to 75 and I think it’s good there. Weird thing is that whether the plug was reading rich or lean, it made no impact on the issue. As in it didn’t take more or less time running the bike before it died the same way / had the same problem.

I had lost my air filter (Fell off on a ride not sure where) but had rejetted since, I just got replacement airfilter so that’ll be one thing to test.

I’m not sure that I soft seized, I was told I probably didn’t, but I’m at a loss here with ideas and things to check for.

One thing I’m thinking is that if the engine head wasn’t torqued enough, the expansion of the gasket between head and cylinder could be air leaky from the heat once the engine is fully hot. But idk if that’s sound or not.

Appreciate any advice here.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account