puch za50 surge at wot

So I pulled the old puch out of the shed after a long winter, carb was drained so added fresh gas and she fired right up. When I’m running wide open it rythymically raps for a second runs fine, raps, then runs fine. Time for yet another carb clean? Timing? Needs a bigger jet? Whatcha think?

Re: puch za50 surge at wot

Try lowering the needle clip one place .

Overpriced Parts /

Blocked fuel flow, maybe filter if carb blocked, read this : https://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Fred%27s_Guide

If that rapping is four stroking, it could be rich from several things.

Dirty air filter. Weak spark.

If it was fine before and just sat. I would just clean things. Points, filters, new spark plug.

Thanks for the advice, looks like I’ll be cleaning the carb (lowering the needle 1 Mark) changing the plug and blowing out the air filter. Might as well set points and timing while I’m at it. So much for hopping on it and going for a ride. But yeah, I couldn’t remember the term but four striking is what it’s doing. It’ll give me something to do while in isolation I suppose!

> Jim Scrivens Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks for the advice, looks like I’ll be cleaning the carb (lowering

> the needle 1 Mark) changing the plug and blowing out the air filter.

> Might as well set points and timing while I’m at it. So much for

> hopping on it and going for a ride. But yeah, I couldn’t remember the

> term but four striking is what it’s doing. It’ll give me something to

> do while in isolation I suppose!

Change only one thing at a time . Test . Then change something else , if needed .

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account