Hobbit Bolt in frame won't come loose.

Albert Einstein /
IMG_5577.jpg

Trying to get this bolt out on both sides but they just keep spinnin'. Any ideas?

Re: Hobbit Bolt in frame won't come loose.

Not being there, I’m gonna guess that the threads are kinda rusty right where bolt goes through the frame. And the threads on the hole are/were rusty.

When turned, the rusty surfaces wiped each other smooth and they spin freely.

Now there is no grip/threads to push the fat rusty crusty part on the inside out the hole when turned with a wrench.

I have put vise grips on bolts in ^that situation so I could both turn/pull out simultaneously. The threads may bite enough again to get it out.

You could try a flat screwdriver behind the washer and apply outward pressure while turning the bolts out .

Leverage ... move the world . ;)

theres crimp nuts(not sure if correct term) in the frame, once rusted they usually spin instead of staying put.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Those are two bolts, one per side, as said above they are threaded into captive nuts in the frame. If they're spinning, you'll have to cut the bolts

Albert Einstein /

Thanks guys. I tried using leverage and all but didn't want to go to crazy. Do the bolts just come out of the end of the frame if I cut them?

> pat splat Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> theres crimp nuts(not sure if correct term) in the frame, once rusted

> they usually spin instead of staying put.

Well nuts or captive nuts. But not deeze nuts.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account