'77 Puch Maxi 1.5

roots to wings /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Recommendations on steps to take to get it running again. Don't want to spend money until I know I can get the engine running. It was running when I stopped using it 33 years ago, but put it away wet and never touched it.

- tried to start just to see what I am dealing with and extremely difficult to get a crank. what should I do before doing this?

- looks like i need to replace the petcock as there is gunk in tank - vinegar in now and will go to evaporust/acid once i know it'll turn over

- carb looks good and was not connected to fuel line while stored

- not sure why there is lots of grease near carb, front of engine, where the covers come together. gasket? it used to run fine. i guess i was that much of an idiot in those days, but don't remember ever seeing smoke coming out of the engine or anything like that.

-

puch maxi before.jpg
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account