Sachs spark Question

What is the minimum that has to be done to the wiring to get spark to my 505 Sachs ? I just put the motor on the bike but Im not good at wiring the complete electrical has been replaced with new no’s parts . Does the clutch lever have to be pulled to get spark? Thanks

Re: Sachs spark Question

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Yep motor gotta turn to get spark.

Blue is return ground. That goes to frame on tail and from magneto.

Blue wire from magneto goes to coil plug marked #1 and black wire plugs into #15 on coil and then to ground and blue wire goes to tail light and is grounded there,is that correct? Thanks

♣Slew Foot♣ /

No that is the safety return ground That can be anywhere on the frame.the one out of tail ground there at the tail.

The schem is showing the brown wire grounds at the tail light. My grandson who has wired this told me not to lose this little gizmo that must be the diode, where does this thing go and is it necessary to have it wired to get spark. Thanks

♣Slew Foot♣ /

The diode just lowers the brake light from 5w to 3w for the running light

I now have spark , looks like the Fourth of July . I grabbed the wrong blue wire the first try .I hooked up the blue from the magneto and now have spark . I’ll probably screw up a lot more, when I put the kill switch to off it still sparks, what did Zi screw up , any idea ?

I’ve hooked up the rear tail / break light but not the front hand break. Thanks

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Be glad its running. The switch is bad. Kill with choke or decomp.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account