Re: Carb jet needle question

Tim Doll /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I might have found the problem after hours and hours of piddling around . When I went through training for running machines at Timken Bearing our instructor told us the most beneficial tip . He said if your machines are running along fine and all of a sudden things go South, ask yourself the question What did I just do ? In this case I new it was something I did but couldn’t think what it was . The filter cup was rusty so I soaked it overnight in evaporators. I just happened to pick it up for the umteeth time

,looked at it under a magnified light and it had around a dozen small holes ,the evaporust ate the rust off that was covering the holes, that’s what hopefully is causing the problem. I coated the holes with J-B Weld and will give it a go tomorrow. In the meantime I ordered a used carb that came off a 65 Cub , same as mine . Thanks for all the feedback.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account