Garelli NOI clutch swap

Aaron Turek /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

So I have 78 Rally sport. This bike hasn't gone more than around the block in 10 years. and even 10 years ago it never held idle. I just redid a bunch of gaskets yesterday and can get it to start with some serious encouragement but dies when I take it off the stand or come to a stop.

OK swollen clutch. Easy enough I did this last year to my SSXL and it fixed everything. Luckily I have a parts bike laying around and it has a spare rubber clutch that SEEMS to be in good shape.

When I took it off and compared the two (see pictures below) you see that my parts bike has the black rubber fittings still intact and the rally sport(yellow) looks to have deteriorated.

I take it I need to transfer these little black fittings as well? what are they for? I don't remember realizing this when I did this on my other bike last year..

Side note - when I emptied the oil out of the rally sport it seemed really thin and kinda gray..I am assuming the wrong oil as I had no clue that would make a difference when I was 16.

Also, Should i still be able to spin that medal housing by hand if the clutch is swollen? it seemed to stick at first then was spinning freely and make me question if the clutch was actually swollen.

Thanks!

IMG_0641.JPG
IMG_0642.JPG
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account