Back brake broken!!

Is there an easy fix for this? My local shop is closed and I don’t know how to replace the cable! Any help would be really appreciated.

219C294F-2BF6-4F71-A330-C0E75F8D5779.jpeg

Re: Back brake broken!!

Im located in Chicago if that helps!

Dirty30 Dillon /

Standard Cable Replacement. There is really no effective way to repair the cable as it is while maintaining proper length.

Pushrod Fifty /

Buy a bicycle brake cable at walmart or a bike shop and use the inner cable in your existing sheath.

Okay- can you explain a bit more how I would do this?

Okay thanks - can you explain a bit more how I would do this?

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Tyler Deacon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Okay- can you explain a bit more how I would do this?

Big Nope, but here's a link to brake cable videos that will give you a good idea of what you need.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+change+a+moped+brake+cable

Pushrod Fifty /

Remove the brake lever at the handlebar. Cut the broken piece off and remove the cable from the sheath by pulling out from the brake hub. Save the screw clamp on the end of the cable. Grease the new cable and slide into the sheath from the handlebar end. Install the barrel shaped cable end to the brake lever and refasten the lever. Put the screw clamp over the end of the cable at the brake. Hold the brake lever in against the spring tension at the brake hub. Remove the cable slack and tighten the cable clamp. Adjust the cable from the bar or move the cable clamp so there is just a little slack at the lever when steering is turned completely in both direcyions. Cut excess cable after the cable clamp but leave a few inches. Test at low speed. (edited)

If you lost the cable nipple in the lever you're going to need one of those too

Pushrod Fifty /

See what the front brake cable looks like at the lever.

I wouldn't use bike cable. They are smaller gauge wire than factory. I know some peds have small cable from the factory like moby's but why risk it when you can do it right.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account