PHGB 19.5 starting/idling issues on a sachs 505

Mason Campbell /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hey guys, running an athena 70cc kit on an old colombia. Just having some issues.

Carb and main jets came in today. I checked the float level and preset the idle screws. I left the stock jet in just to see what would happen. It came with a stock 88 jet size. Without the air filter on I could get it to start after some serious pedaling and using the decomp. I don't have the choke hooked up as the lever broke on these old assemblies. However it would not run at all at the low end. Simply won't idle. I tried reducing the jet size to a 74 because it felt like it was choking on fuel, especially since it would only start without the air filter on.

It's also worth mentioning the stock pipe is still on it, as the owner of this bike likes it and doesn't want to upgrade it right now.

I've been reading the PHBG tuning wiki but I just can't figure this shit out.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account