Shim question on my a35!

After i took the bell off there wasn't a shim on the crankshaft ahead of the bell is that normal with some a35s??

Re: Shim question on my a35!

Hey im always ordering parts from mopedjunkyard and 3 other dealers. Im asking for help on moped army to get some information from some guys about my moped.

Those diagrams show you all the parts in the transmission.

Got ya! Ok thanks i seen 4 different people put a shim on the crankshaft before putting the bell on a35 engines on YouTube. I don't see how i been riding my tomos for 2 years without a washer or shim etc. It has a lock washer with the nut for the bell but that's it (edited)

♣Slew Foot♣ /

The axial play should be .5 mm new star washer. So when it bucks the vibes don't loosen the nut.

Yeah its got the star washer behind the nut. But im talking about aint there supposed to be a shim on the crankshaft so it doesn't hit crankshaft seal??

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

> mark barney Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Yeah its got the star washer behind the nut. But im talking about aint

> there supposed to be a shim on the crankshaft so it doesn't hit

> crankshaft seal??

You are indeed supposed to have a thick shim behind the clutch bell. Not because it will hit the seal, but because it would allow the bell to rub on the gears to the right without it. Also, the bushing in the bell would rub on the crank shoulder and bind/wear prematurely.

Richard Eberline /

You can watch video all you want, the diagrams show the real deal!!!

THE ANSWER IS YES.

There was 2 shims on the outside of the case with the spring and cap for the pedal start. Should there be 2 shims between right side pedal arm and case??

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

> mark barney Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> There was 2 shims on the outside of the case with the spring and cap for

> the pedal start. Should there be 2 shims between right side pedal arm

> and case??

It goes:

Pedal arm>washer>spring>cupped washer>transmission cover

i understand i was saying guy last worked on it had 2 washers on the spring outside the cover. One of the washers is probably what goes on before the bell. Thanks ok?

Probably not

Old man that last worked on it had the arm spring cup holding 2 shims against the cover! Do you picture it now??

Tomos engines have many shims, and the ID of the shims used on the crank is much smaller than the ID of the shims used on the pedal arm so I doubt it's the one you're missing.

This is what you need: https://www.treatland.tv/tomos-A35-A55-OEM-countershaft-thrust-washer-14mm-p/tomos-thrust-washer-223468.htm

Yeah probably not! Because i tried both washers on the crankshaft way in in front against the crankshaft seal and neither washer sat on it correctly.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account