A35 case open and clutch inspect help?

ive taken the clutch side cover off what would be the next step? I have a large and small shim im keeping track of? So what am i looking for?

IMG_20200403_142726.jpg

Re: A35 case open and clutch inspect help?

stop looking/posting n just do it

i am. I got the clutch cover off. Don't have a strap for the flywheel or a rope.

Ive got a nylon 8 foot cell phone charging chord could that be used as a piston stop?

When i figure out a way to get the bell nut off the crankshaft im afraid of what ill find! i whiped a glob of silver materiel out of the bottom of the case. I hope climbing 2 little hills didnt wipe out the crankshaft

Pat im looking at the clutch bell trying to figure out how to break the nut loose to inspect

I got her fellas. Cut a rope type length off an old blanket shoved enough rope in right before tdc and clutch bolt turned off so i get to look at everything now.

pat it doesn't look to well for it. Its probably salvageable for few thousand more miles after i put the new bell and the 1st gear assembly back into the new bell slap it together. But the splines are worn on the 04 crankshaft. But with the whole new bell assembly coming do you agree it will be ok? I know i should just replace the crankshaft and bearings its showing its 20 something plus thousand miles on the stock crankshaft.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

A cigarette paper loctite heatgun.

It will hold till you take it off with a puller...

congrats, take some picts.

Ok bushings thrashed ill take pics of it but im still waiting for clip pliers to get to 2nd gear shoes

IMG_20200405_203534.jpg

Best pics of the bell and clutch until i get the pointed pliers.

IMG_20200405_203457.jpg

When treats delivery gets to me ill get 2nd off the bell

Im worried now thats why i been tripping about taking it apart. I put everything back together and put the cover on bolted down and went to pedal it and its binding! It fugged me up i was pissed off but could it be because ive not torqued the nut down properly on the bell?? I shouldn't worry is it easy to get back together and operating after repairs???

Hell i figured it out on my own. Got it back together pedalin and kickin over so its all good. Need my new part's now.

Good , sometimes it takes a little head scratching . :)

Yeah but that crankshaft needs replaced this summer. If i got a better pic of it you could probably see it and you would probably pull it if it was yours. Its 50% there.

No more fukkin hills.

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

Hills are not the reason for your problems..unless you weigh 300lbs.

I see nothing wrong with your crank, the splines and threads and bearing surface looks fine. If you were indeed missing the thick shim behind the clutch bell, that would certainly cause metal flakes in your oil because it would allow the bell to rub on the gears to the right of it.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> mark barney Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> No more fukkin hills.

Yeah, that's not how it works.

Richard Eberline /

The shoulder of the crankshaft is wore out. Run it and do more damage. I have seen this before.

> Richard Eberline Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The shoulder of the crankshaft is wore out. Run it and do more damage. I

> have seen this before.

It would seem that can be 'fixed' with a bit of shimming .

On the right side pedal arm there was 2 shims a spring and cap. Is there supposed to be 2 shims on the spring at the pedal??

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account