Damn metal dust a35 fluid help!

Can someone give me an idea what kind of metal that is? Bell /bushing /1 way needle clutch?? Its been spinning between 1st n 2nd easier than ever and makin a winding grinding sound but and the clutch bell is more herky jerky than ever?

15858929983862043667994.jpg

Re: Damn metal dust a35 fluid help!

The pic is kinda pretty .

The only way to 'know' where those flecks are from is a tear down and physical inspection .

Any other answer you might get would be pure speculation . Maybe educated speculation , but still .

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

Its possible one of the shims in the transmission was omitted last time someone was in there, and the gear cluster and clutch bell are rubbing.

Could also be the poor quality metal the gears are made of wearing themselves away, I've seen that often and I've come to expect metal flake in tomos transmissions as normal. I haven't seen one tomos in the dozens of bikes and engines I've bought/serviced that didnt have metal flake in the oil.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

The shudder and that. 1rst speed pads are gone the ones facing the engine.

Ok well i can help alot of that when my part's arrive. I ordered a new 2nd speed clutch gear and shoes the segments have the spring already holding them. And i have a new bell on the way with bushing and 1 way bearing pre-installed. So that should help tremendously if i can get an amen? Im hoping

Im gonna go ahead and do my first tare down next week when the new clutch side gasket for the case. And 2nd speed shoes and new bell bushing and Needle bearing pre-installed arrives. Im having a bit of newb fears but i ordered parts that should fix the issue im hoping. I ordered the pointed pliers for the removal of the 2nd speed from the bell as well.

The old moped man that did repairs on it a few times tightened the transmission a bit last time he worked on it for me. I noticed after that the trans sounded tight as well. There was no metal in the fluid until this pased week. I think i caused it climbing a few slight upgrades in my neighborhood. But they wasn't mount Kilimanjaro type hills just few houses long but it struggled a bit do to stock pipe. I caused some damage ill find out soon enough.

ive got a whole new bell with bushing and berring on the way with new 2nd speed clutch shoe replacement for it hopefully it was 1 way needle clutch bad new parts should take care of it. It has the original bell in /bearing n bushing so 20.000 actual its time for the whole new clutch change.

Tweaker trash /

What? Dude you should of dismantled the transmission first and looked for rubbing issues. It’s could be as simple as a bearing or shim

It is the bearring. Its the original from when my moped came off the assembly line. 2004 twenty thousand plus miles.

The old guy told me the bell looked rough when he last threw shoes in it.

Should see the bushing in this a35 drum its churned and burned. I put a 20 tooth on the back of the stock tomos and when it was going uphill last time it went into 2nd and started spinning like crazy and i should have let up on the throttle and turned around but i stayed in it until it adventionally grabbed. But all 6 shoes had 70% cork left. I had no rpms going and should not of had the 20tooth on until kitting it. Im to blame for damages lesson learned.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account