1983 Yamaha RX50

Got this thing pre pandemic just ordered some crap for it hopefully treats is still able to ship stuff .... does anyone know where I can get the wrench to take off this exhaust nut? I’ve been really patient and haven’t even looked for the chisel yet

C33206D1-EB78-44C6-84CE-323892E3C7D5.jpeg

Re: 1983 Yamaha RX50

I use channel locks.

Yea I could do that but I plan on taking this on an off a few times so I can build a custom pipe and don’t want to crush it or mess it up...they must sell a tool but I googled it and haven’t found it (edited)

> Rich Condor Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Yea I could do that but I plan on taking this on an off a few times so I

> can build a custom pipe and don’t want to crush it or mess it up...they

> must sell I tool but I googled and everything and haven’t found it

I have a rd60 and if you use the right you won't. I put th top jaw in one groove and let the bottom jaw rest about half way down the side and turn.

Man I was really hoping I would get to buy some fancy castle wrench for this thing

Chris Molden /

Shock preload spanner, or strap type oil filter wrench?

Ha not sure I was hoping someone with a YSR or RD would know which one to get I had an old Ducati once that used a special exhaust nut wrench I figured Yamaha would offer one for this maybe they do I just haven’t found one

> Chris Molden Wrote:

> Shock preload spanner

^^^ one of these might work are they universal?

> Rich Condor Wrote:

> > Chris Molden Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Shock preload spanner

>

> ^^^ one of these might work are they universal?

That's what I posted a link of.

Make one. Should be pretty easy.

They used to include these in the tool kits that came with the motorcycle since at least the 60's. I've 5 or 6 in my toolbox.

shock_wrench_1.jpg

> Den 23 Wrote:

> They used to include these in the tool kits that came with the

> motorcycle since at least the 60's.

That's a fact . (edited)

Pushrod Fifty /

I use an aluminum rod and ball lien hammer to get mine off and then channel locks to tighten, not too much because my cylinder is cast iron.

I have a ysr50 and Suzuki A100

Channel locks work just fine for me .

But I’ll order that set of wrenches to try out

Any idea where I can find the bolt for this luggage box? I think the original was like a big wide Phillips head

B3720CE5-7508-4469-A0B0-EDBB7363B419.jpeg
514FCC1B-7A26-403A-952A-E67758BACE0A.jpeg

I'm sure you could find something that'll work at your local hardware store .

Ya a bolt off the side of the case will work with a washer but I’m in no rush just looking for what would have been there originally it is a Yamaha the bolt/part is probably used on other bikes

Look at the YSR50 rear tail box bolt

Any pictures of one ? It’s really weird how you can find anything on google until it’s the thing you need and are ready to buy it. I really want to grab the spanner wrench assortment posted above but I also want to find an OG tool kit so I can keep it on the bike

PS.... got it running today it still leaks everything gas from the carb and tank petcock and brake fluid from the diaphragm not exactly sure which carb rebuild kit to get for this Mikuni the needles look worn one is squared off at end... idk this seems like fun once it’s dialed in tho it started first kick (edited)

There's likely a model identification on the lower side of the carb body , just above the bowl .

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account