A35 1st&2nd clutch shoe replacement.

1st off im not relining im doing a complete shoes replacement im purchasing 1st gear clutch with shoes and 2nd gear clutch and shoes from treatland $75 for both and im just in real need of advice from someone with first hand experience with the a35. What exactly do i need tool wise and gaskets etc. Im just switching out all 6 segments??? Thank in advance!

Re: A35 1st&2nd clutch shoe replacement.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Buy the brake strips and make sure your pins are good .

I am not gonna lie. It is a feat to put together. 4 vice grips. 3zipties. A Sachs 505 Clutchbell or other same diameter cylinder to push the baby over the ledge .

I bought the factory tool and its still no fun.

Im gonna buy the new bell bushing and Needle clutch pre installed.$ 79 and the 1st and 2nd gear and shoes already have the spring holding them. All i do is put them in the bell and install. So thats alot easier and its all new. Treats has the bell and both speed shoes $225.00 total just slap together. Gotta get case gasket and put the shims and lock washer where they go and botah bing. With the lockdown extended now i cant pay my moped mechanic in delphos ohio. So i have to crack a tomos case for the first time. (edited)

Treats sells the tool for installing the clutch spring on the clutch just search tomos tools in the search bar. The cheap way is to use vise grips flat head screw drivers. The risk are damaging the spring by over stretching. I would disassemble the clutch inspect it then determine which parts u need to buy. There's a guy on Ebay that can reline and inspect your whole clutch for u. He uses kevlar for the clutch lining which last a very long time. I had mine done a few years ago the trick to using the kevlar is the atf gear oil mix. If u use straight atf with kevlar your clutch will shutter. The second gear needs to slip into gear. Just my two cents on my stock tomos I use the cheap cork.

Yeah my a35 is stock. Im staying with the cork. Yeah all i needed i guess is that clip tool to take 2nd off the bell. Im buying the 1st and 2nd clutches assembled. I just put them in the new bell. And the new bell is 79 dollars. But bushing and 1 way clutch bearing is already installed in the bell. 20.000 miles on the bell so im replacing. If you take the pedal and barely move it the current clutch bell has play in it you can hear it. That just started today after running oil in it for a few miles. I seen a super tiny piece of copper in the fluid today. So i believe its time for the whole clutch bell assembly to be replaced. Its kinda hurting my pocket but i already have alot of time and money in it. Its my hobby.

20200401_013824.jpg
20200401_013353.jpg

All a35 have some play in the clutch.

What im talking about is my moped was on the stand not running. I turned the pedal forward by hand and i felt and heard the bell gear jerk slightly and catch. Like as if there is worn 1 way inside the bushing. Ive had it 2 years and yesterday was first time it done that. i know what caused it. Dumb ass me going up hill slight upgrade and it stressed the clutch drive on the crankshaft im hoping i didnt damage splines/teeth on crankshaft.

And guys my complete moped has 20.000 actual miles on her. Im replacing the complete clutch system fellers! Lol all 3 parts. 1st speed segments already are together with spring. And 2nd. Both sets are $75 off treatland. And new bell with bushing and 1 way bearing pre-installed. $80 off treats. All i have to do is drain the fluid. Pop the cover. Pull old bell put new bell and parts into bell put back together. im only concerned about getting the few shims in proper places.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account