49cc moped only starts when I kick start and hit electric start at same time

I had to replace clutch which didn't affect anything. Then I had to replace rollers and starter motor clutch gear. Now when i kick alone, it is like it isnt gripped in the teeth well enough or something. But when I kick and then hit electric start to keep spinning, it turns over. It has to be perfect or it wont start.

Any idea how to fix? Did i get wrong size starter gear possibly for this to happen? I did get heavier rollers. Could that affect it?

I thought it was the battery because it sounds like a dead batter when it turns over but it wasnt that because I bought a new one with no luck.

Any help is much appreciated!

Re: 49cc moped only starts when I kick start and hit electric start at same time

Just because a battery is new doesn't mean it is fully charged .

Re: 49cc moped only starts when I kick start and hit electric start at same time

u might try a scooter forum.

That is a good point, thank you. I was unaware of that.

> P D Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Just because a battery is new doesn't mean it is fully charged .

Yeah you gotta charge a new battery before using it or else it's not gonna be fully charged and it will put strain on your bike's charging system and hurt the health of the battery

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account