Find Out manuals or type of engine

Josh Henderson /

I found a mope, I am trying to fix. I have some details on it but need to know what year and kind of engine. It has compression and spark but may need a new carb. Also any good retailers of parts.

IMG_20200315_123241_9.jpg

Re: Find Out manuals or type of engine

There are many MBK(Motobecane) experts on here. They will help, I'm sure.

Motobecane Cady M1PR - not many performance products available for that bike.

Was sold originally as a camp bike in Canada by Canadian Tire (sku 71-0101), they later had the M3PRTS with shocks front and rear and the super isodyne motor.

Super Isoyne motor will be slightly more powerful that the engine your M1 has, or you could hack in a AV7 single speed dimoby from a larger serie 40 o serie 50 Moby.

CTCmanualCover.JPG

Josh Henderson /

Do you have a link to the Super Isoyne motor? It looks like the choke is seized, I tried removing the carb. as per a video on youtube. It left me with a cable with no choke piston attached to it. I don't know how to remove it with out damaging it.

I switched over to a Dellorto 14:9 (bored to a 14:10 thanks to Rocketmann) on my M1PR. The original Gurtner carb is a pain to get right. I had to dent in the frame area where the carb is located so it could sit far enough in to be fully on the intake. The original side cover still fits over nicely. With this setup you don't need the choke cable anymore. I'm running a low 50s jet (#53 I think).

cady-m1pr-dellorto.JPG

On the IPC the choke piston is 14119, the choke spring is 14120. If you upside down the carb you should be able to push the little brass piston out of the hole it lives in with a small punch or small drill bit, there is a small hole at the bottom of its bore.

AR1-115cady.JPG
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account