I have a 1981 Puch Maxi Sport that I recently stripped and repainted. Since reassembly I cannot get to run to save my life! It was hard to start prior to disassembly but ran great once started.
I’ve been through the forums, educated myself of spark, timing, etc and still no luck. 3 loaded tacos and a 6 pack of Corona will be overnighted to whoever can help make this SOB start!
1981 Puch Maxi Sport
- e50 engine with DMP 70cc kit installed by previous owner
- Gas tank was rusty so I POR 15 cleaned and sealed the tank
- Carb disassembled, cleaned, new seals, and running a #80 jet. New fuel filter and spills over gas when primed so I know it’s getting fuel
- New NGK B7HS plug. Has good spark
- Compression tested at 120 psi
- Found TDC using piston stop. Set point gap using a piece off a cereal box. Set timing to 15 degrees advanced
- Confirmed wiring is correct per service manual
The engine turns over but will not start. Tried removing the carb and using starter fluid. Started 2x that way but wouldn’t stay running. Has not started since.