Front wheel resistance

Nick Melillo /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hi guys/gals. New here. Just picked up a 1982 Honda Urban Express NU50. It's in decent shape with only 1229 miles, but it's been sitting for many years in someone's shed. So I got it running nicely and took it for her first spin. She ran great and was a lot fun, got it going about 27mph took it down the block and back. I put it on the kick stand and let it run for a few minutes and went to take another lap but the front wheel was completely locked up. I tried pushing it a bit to free it up but heard a not so nice noise. It now will spin (with a little resistance), but only like 2/3 of a turn until it grabs again and locks. So I can go forward and back about 270 degrees. Before I start taking everything apart I figured I'd see if anyone has run into this. I'm figuring the bearings or breaks. Don't have much experience with bikes/mopeds. Any help is appreciated.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account