Throttle perch malfunction.

Yeah i just am asking kindly for some moped knowledge! My tomos sprint a35 had a bad janky throttle perch so i ordered one from mjy its used of course $27 bux. I put it on the bike tightened up my switch and etc and if i tighten the throttle to the handlebars it kills all lights. No headlight /tail /brake light nothing? Help trouble shooting would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Throttle perch malfunction.

probably means it's grounding out. look at all the little wires inside there. you might need to resolder some of them.

it's grounding out one of the power wires. a simple shoddy fix would be to wrap the bars in electrical tape where you're clamping it onto. or somehow otherwise cover the back of the switch with he bare wires with electrical tape.

Thanks btbw im gonna try to tape the bars and tighten the throttle

Good idea to defer the failure until the tape wears through while you are riding and you get the walk of shame to fix it properly.

> mark barney Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks btbw im gonna try to tape the bars and tighten the throttle

So.. How do you recommend i fix the problem?

Richard Eberline /

picture of the switch and underneath, the wiring.

Instead of the bars i had a yellow power wire that was exposed when i tightened the throttle it was grounding my lights. i taped just the wire problem solved. Thanks fellas.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account