Fuel lines

There are 2 fuel lines going into the carb on my Honda Cub C100 , each has a fuel filter, are both needed . Thanks

Re: Fuel lines

one is the reserve and one is regular. the normal operation one draws from a few inches off the bottom of the tank, the reserve draws from the bottom, so if you run out at the normal one you've got still a few miles reserve to get to a station. the reserve needs a filter for sure. you select on/off or reserve with the little selector on top of the float bowl where the lines both go the top/side of the carb

I haven’t put a lot of fuel in the tank yet because Im just trying to get it running smooth. The one fuel line is delivering fuel but the others not, probably because of the small amount of fuel . Does the fuel valve has to be switched from fuel to reserve or will it run all the time on reserve ? Thanks.

You can run on reserve ..that is the last of the gas in the tank... (edited)

Yea it's just a matter of drawing straight off the bottom or a little above the bottom. No issue running reserve all the time except if you did run outta gas, you've got no backup!

Pushrod Fifty /

Reserve will get you about 5 miles. I have run out of gas so many times on my Cub. Looking into the tank is deceiving because it is tapered, it looks half full but only has a half pint of gas in it. I dont use filters, the petcock has a fine mesh screen and a bowl to catch sediments, tank is relined.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account