70cc airsal e50 with 19mm PHBG carb tuning help plz

So I can say I'm not a fan of the PHBG cant find a tuning guide for the jets anywhere.

-70cc airsal ported

-19mm PHBG w/ 85 jet

Problem:

It runs good only with the choke on and I'm doin 42 on it but....

Bogs at full throttle why???? 100% no air leaks clutch tuned all that blahblah

Tried a 89 jet same issue maybe a bit better

Any help?

Re: 70cc airsal e50 with 19mm PHBG carb tuning help plz

Overpriced Parts /

Need more info

What pipe? What filter? What ignition? What timing setting? Are cases matched to kit?

The non-exhaustive PHBG pre-run checklist:

1. Check your atomizer to verify you have the two stroke version. IE- make sure they are stamped AU and not AN. If AN, order an AU atomizer and an AU 9665 atomizer bushing.

2. Check your needle stamp. The last three Dellos I have purchased all came with a wacky W16 needle. I overlooked this for a month once and it almost made me quit mopeds. Lol. If yours isn’t stamped W6-W9, replace with W7 and start there.

3. Remove the metal disk between the main jet and the diffuser.

4. Be sure your vacuum lines are capped.

5. Be sure your slide number is at least a 40, tho 30 is better for 90% of moped applications.

After you’ve given your Italian Stallion the once over for proper parts and assembly, check out the tuning spreadsheet!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1F_0LaiQj5zDMZujVP8MvJV44CxUQNTNRqsViW_OX-eY/htmlview #

Dirty30 Dillon /

AFAIK, most of the PHBG's mopeds use do not have any vacuum ports, just the twin breathers on the upped slide casting. They should not be capped as that can cause it's own problems.

It's got boss pipe, yes matched, stock ignition set 17tdc

I replaced the slide with 30 the atomizer is AU with a W7 needle

I will try taking out the metal disk and check the tuning sheet

if it runs better on choke, what does that tell ya?

Overpriced Parts /

> Cait Smarz Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> It's got boss pipe, yes matched, stock ignition set 17tdc

>

> I replaced the slide with 30 the atomizer is AU with a W7 needle

>

> I will try taking out the metal disk and check the tuning sheet

Yeah I’d lose that boss pipe, you’re probably not even hitting the powerband making for bogging feel, a circuit or estroil type pipe it would be easier to tune

The hardest set up to tune in the history of Moped army (if you would go through all the tuning threads) is the same set up you running:

(e50, stock ignition, 70cc piston port kit, crappy boss pipe and a PHBG carb), For most people especially someone new to tuning this set up should be avoided like the plague,

A 14mm bing, metal mesh filter and circuit type/estroil type on same setup will get you 45-48mph with way better low end, hill climbing and takeoff, you’ll get way better velocity through the carb Venturi then you do now with what you running, The ease of tuning is a snap and you don’t have to make jetting changes every time it gets warmer or cold

If you choose to continue to try to tune your set up, you may need to cut open your boss pipe and remove about 3 inches of header pipe thats most times sticking into the chamber (that ruins the power band) and re-weld it and maybe run no filter, just a screen filter or large free flowing filter

As well watching your head temperature gauge to see if you’re running it at correct temperature, too low of a temperature could mean you’re timing is too low and or too rich, Too high of temp could mean high timing and or lean jetting and you may have already seized have seized piston/ring damage which then you’ll never get tuned

I just built a boss airsal. That shit rips Ken, it has like 25* of blowdown that definitely don’t disappoint when the power comes on. If it runs better with the choke that means you are either lean on the jetting(not just the main but potentially the idle and needle) or have an air leak somewhere. Did you happen to replace the crankshaft seals prior to slapping a kit on it? How did it run prior to a kit?

Wild. I think every Dello I’ve owned I’ve had to cap vacuum ports, but I can’t find any on treats that have them in the photos. Weird. But yea, def don’t cap the down angled overflow spouts.

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> AFAIK, most of the PHBG's mopeds use do not have any vacuum ports, just

> the twin breathers on the upped slide casting. They should not be capped

> as that can cause it's own problems.

Update:

Retuned new intake gasket, removed the disc in the carb and rejetted to 89. It ran beautifully until it was time to bring it to it's new home and it let out a sound snap and died. Back to the timing I guess. I have a 12mm og bing I've read i can run it with a 70 jet thoughts?(edited)

Finally got it right with a 90 main jet 60 idle jet what a pain in the ass. Hitting 43 mph but I'm a little girl

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account