1980 Honda Express Paint Color?

Hi all! My Blue 1980 Honda NC50 is coming along nicely. Visually it looks pretty good except for a couple eye sores. The one I wish to attack is there are a couple nicks in the paint. The bike in question is the light blue one, maybe called angel blue? Regardless of what you call the paint, y’all got any idea what paint code it is/where to get some touch up paint?

Re: 1980 Honda Express Paint Color?

Pushrod Fifty /

For over the counter stuff, Rustoleum royal blue is going to be the closest match to that blue if it's the medium blue one I'm thinking of. You can buy a half pt. for cheap.

Some NAPA auto parts stores can match any paint color .

That's likely your best chance .

Body shops can do this too, and you might be able to get the paint code from a Honda dealer.

Pushrod Fifty /

For small areas an artist brush for touching up works great. Wet sand it flush to the original paint after it's set up using 320 grit and soapy water. After that, wax it it blend.

Zennon Krebsbach /

I got a Honda dealer relatively close... Once I get it registered and insured I’ll ride it over and see what they can do!

Danny Warner /

I found rustoleum Maui blue was pretty close, home depot had it, Lowe's didn't though

Zennon Krebsbach /

I’ll keep this tread bookmarked. Riding season is still a month away. Thanks all!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account