Batavus m56 clutch starter not engaging

spencerrrrr r /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Picked up a batavus Regency with the m56 Laura engine a few months back. Finally getting into it and I’m running into some starting issues.

When the belt is removed I can apply light force to the outer clutch housing and am able to turn the engine over.

The problem occurs when the belt is installed. Now the force needed to press the outer plate inward and turn the engine over is much greater. So much force is required that the little arm doesn’t have enough leverage, even when properly calibrated.

What gives? The outer housing has very little play, close to the 0.2-0.5 mm mentioned in the manual.

The only piece I can see that I’m missing is this tiny leaf spring in the diagram below.

And ya, I’ll probably throw a V1 on it eventually but for now I’d like to get going stock.

EE6C7457-30A4-48B2-B44E-6B3BE69C06F1.jpeg
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account