Tomos Streetmate R Bogging down and poor performance

Greyson Deane /

I have a Streetmate with a 70cc kit 14mm carb bi turbo exhaust and uni pod filter. Starting about a month ago, off start would have no power but after about 45 second to minute and a half the best way to describe it is it would break through and run fine and would not present until it sat for more than a couple hours. Over the past month the problem as progressed to overall bad performance and issues holding idle and cutting out. I first removed the spark plug and it was operable but cutting it close so I replaced it, cleaned the carb and checked the air fuel mixture with no difference so at this point I don’t know what to do being new to mopeds any suggestions are appreciated.

Re: Tomos Streetmate R Bogging down and poor performance

Probably Fred /

Yeah the unit filter sucks balls, you’re not tuned or not jetted correctly, you need large metal mesh filter around 64 jet with large metal needle clip selection and you’ll be close possibly but I’m sure you probably didn’t match the kit ports with dremel to your engine ports either plus you could have air leaks or everything possibly because you didn’t use new gaskets every time you take your top apart, basically you know zero about what you’re doing!

I suggest you look on wiki or maybe check out my stock cylinder basically free/modifications with stock cylinder, 140 pound revival bike with my 200 pounds will probably clobber yours all day long Metal mesh filter, 64 jet, middle clip selection with cheap techno bullet pipe,

Be off a half off in jet in jetting a bit and bit off timing and your bike will be a dog,

tune like I do being spot on throughout the range and you’ll gain 50% more horsepower

This is mine with stock cylinder and the cheapest aftermarket pipe tecno pipe you could buy,

Greyson Deane /

Thanks for the reply but all the upgrade were done before I purchased best of my knowledge about a year before I bought it and ran good for the first month or two but bad air filter and jets (though I have to check the size ) would probably explain why performance when running good was not what I would have predicted from the upgrades done. Any ideas on what could have caused the sudden development of the problems I described?

check compression.

Did the former owner or you go to premix when kit was installed? The oil injection is only for 50cc and probably your bike is lean on oil. This can cause many problems,like engine wear,ring wear. Check the compression and make sure to add a 2 oz. per gallon until you prove the oil injection is working. Have you filled the injection oil tank?

Greyson Deane /

Oil injection was properly disabled by the previous owner and I am using pre mix.

> Greyson Deane Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Oil injection was properly disabled by the previous owner and I am using

> pre mix.

Very good.

A lot of bikes will take a minute to warm up so that's not a big deal.

What size jet are you using?

Clean your air filter?

♣Slew Foot♣ /

TOMOS are cold blooded and love the choke to start. Oem carb even with a good pipe won't get much more out. Bigger carb pro pipe case and port matched Blueprinted and regeared.

That will get you where you imagined....

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account