Resistance is Futile

You might be surprised to find out that five of my fifteen Minarelli bikes ARE NOT MOTRONS. I have an Aspes, Bianchi Snark, Intramotor-Gloria Blanco, Safari MT300, and an AMF Roadmaster.

The AMF and Safari are running as they should, but I'm about to get back to wrenching after recovering from knee surgery these last three months and may have an electrical issue to address on the Aspes, Snark, and Blanco.

All three of these bikes originally came with a CEV 174 tail light, and, cheap bastard that I am, I just went to Tractor supply and an auto parts store and got a trailer tail light fixture and dual filament six volt bulb, which lowered my light expense to about $16 per bike. The new units even bolted right onto the mounting bracket.

The Motron tail lights all have the ceramic resistor, but I saw no sign of them in any of the other 5 bikes' lights, even the two that are running.

Are the resistors elsewhere in the wiring harnesses?

Will I have to add them inside the new fixtures?

Are these Minarelli bikes' wiring harnesses different?

Does it hurt to add the resistors if there is no sign of them in the harnesses?

Re: Resistance is Futile

♣Slew Foot♣ /

In the headlight bucket in the wiring block.

I've run plenty of them without the resistors. the wiring most likely will be similar but not too different. i don't think they hid a resistor in there I've never encountered one just hovering among the wires.

Trent Anderson /

So the new unit could be plug and play? (edited)

♣Slew Foot♣ /

If not wire in a 6-8 ohm resistor to the taillight circuit or about 3 ft of wire coiled up

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

I have literally 50 resistors NOS if you want some

Trent Anderson /

> Tri-ped Dave Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I have literally 50 resistors NOS if you want some

I might want a handful in the near future.

If I ever get to my trike build, I will most likely use my multi-colored primer red and black Motron. So when I get to adding tail lights to the Pryer rear end, would I put a resistor in each tail light or just the first one and then run the second in parallel?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account