Derbi Rd-50/C-5 fork oil volume?

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

Anybody know how much oil the forks of a derbi rd50 take?

20200107_204828_1.gif

Re: Derbi Rd-50/C-5 fork oil volume?

The difference of compressed length and full extened length of the fork from the top . Maybe less just a bit . ;)

Re: Derbi Rd-50/C-5 fork oil volume?

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

> P D Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The difference of compressed length and full extened length of the fork

> from the top . Maybe less just a bit . ;)

That would be tough to measure as far as volume. Maybe submerge the bottom of the fork leg and succc it up like a syringe?

Re: Derbi Rd-50/C-5 fork oil volume?

Now I have to pee.

Re: Derbi Rd-50/C-5 fork oil volume?

> Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > P D Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > The difference of compressed length and full extened length of the

> fork

>

> > from the top . Maybe less just a bit . ;)

>

> That would be tough to measure as far as volume. Maybe submerge the

> bottom of the fork leg and succc it up like a syringe?

Can't just pull the fork cap and pour ?

Re: Derbi Rd-50/C-5 fork oil volume?

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

> P D Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > P D Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > The difference of compressed length and full extened length of the

>

> > fork

>

> >

>

> > > from the top . Maybe less just a bit . ;)

>

> >

>

> > That would be tough to measure as far as volume. Maybe submerge the

>

> > bottom of the fork leg and succc it up like a syringe?

>

> Can't just pull the fork cap and pour ?

For some reason I'm just not following... Fill it with more than enough, then pop the drain an measure what comes out from fully extended to fully compressed position?

Re: Derbi Rd-50/C-5 fork oil volume?

> Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> For some reason I'm just not following... Fill it with more than enough,

> then pop the drain an measure what comes out from fully extended to

> fully compressed position?

Sorry . I should have been more clear .

With a tape measure , measure the difference between fully extended and fully compressed , say 3" . Then , fill to 3" from the top of each leg when they are extended , hanging in the triple tree . ;)

Re: Derbi Rd-50/C-5 fork oil volume?

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

> P D Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > For some reason I'm just not following... Fill it with more than

> enough,

>

> > then pop the drain an measure what comes out from fully extended to

>

> > fully compressed position?

>

> Sorry . I should have been more clear .

>

> With a tape measure , measure the difference between fully extended and

> fully compressed , say 3" . Then , fill to 3" from the top of each leg

> when they are extended , hanging in the triple tree . ;)

I still don't understand how you would know how much 3" of hypothetical travel would convert into fluid ounces, because there's no way to measure height or fluid level inside the forks when they're assembled

Re: Derbi Rd-50/C-5 fork oil volume?

Once you have the measurement , with the forks mounted and extended , with the caps removed .

Just fill each leg until the fluid level reaches the difference distance ( ie : 3" ) from the top of each leg .

It doesn't matter how many ounces that takes .

Re: Derbi Rd-50/C-5 fork oil volume?

If you have to know how many ounces that^ takes , do what's described , drain the leg and measure the contents in fluid ounces . ;)

Re: Derbi Rd-50/C-5 fork oil volume?

Dirty30 Dillon /

The way being described is the common practice in dirtbike fork. Just use a probe down into the tubes as a dipstick

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account