Hobbit exhaust gasket install tips?

Does anyone have a recommendation for ensuring good seal at exhaust copper gasket with this pipe?

https://www.treatland.tv/honda-hobbit-proma-performance-pipe-p/honda-proma-pipe-hobbit-pa50.htm

Copper crushing and aligning well, however...

I've found that the flange that holds your nuts in places bends before you feel like you have adequately tightened them. My flange is bent and I've noticed my bolts want to back out after riding it for a bit.

Re: Hobbit exhaust gasket install tips?

Don't use bolts. Use exhaust studs that are the necessary length and loctited into the cylinder, then use the long brass exhaust nuts treats sells

Jason White /

I'm sorry, I don't know why I referred to them as bolts. I have the studs and nuts that you're referring to. Never used loctite on these studs into cylinder, but will give that a shot. I don't know if that will really solve my concern though

No that won't solve your concern, it just prevents the studs from vibrating out. If the nuts are vibrating off, I'd recommend adding a flat washer and split lock washer to each stud between the flange and the nut to keep it tight.

You can also try these OTHER gasket OPTIONS for Hobbit to see if you have better luck (read the descriptions tho)

Quick jack, are these studs and nuts stock, or do you have to buy them sep, never taken my exhaust off, been wanting a Proma forever, just seeing if I need to buy them or they are stock, loving those other gasket options too, thanks!

u might trying to bend the flange the other way. grip one end in vise, hammer, rotate whack again. Pre-tensioning like those flatbed haulers that are all humpy with no load.

Beach Club Nick /

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Quick jack, are these studs and nuts stock, or do you have to buy them

> sep, never taken my exhaust off, been wanting a Proma forever, just

> seeing if I need to buy them or they are stock, loving those other

> gasket options too, thanks!

They are stock studs

^ Thank you.

Pre squash your round copper gasket with a hammer to the point that it fits snug up in the cylinders bed. This will save a lot of the initial stress on the flange and studs as it is trying to squash and seal on the gasket.

When I was running Honda I upgraded the M7 studs to M7 using a drill and a blind M7 tap. But that's just me and I over build stupid hardcore

> cheetahchrome . Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Pre squash your round copper gasket with a hammer to the point that it

> fits snug up in the cylinders bed. This will save a lot of the initial

> stress on the flange and studs as it is trying to squash and seal on the

> gasket.

>

> When I was running Honda I upgraded the M7 studs to M7 using a drill and

> a blind M7 tap. But that's just me and I over build stupid hardcore

Maybe you meant upgraded the M6 studs to M7 ?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account