Seat restorations? Anyone?

Does anyone here restore seats. I have a 5 star general seat that’s needs new foam. The leather is still in great shape.

Re: Seat restorations? Anyone?

You might think about visiting your local auto salvage yard .

Find a seat that feels right and salvage the foam for your General seat . ;)

I just slash and recycle the foam from a discarded couch folks throw out, usually the only crap parts on a discarded sofa or chair is the fake (or bonded) leather has worn through, the foam is still good. ALSO the pleather (or bonded leather) on the back panel of discarded parlour furniture is usually not all messed up, so I take the entire back panel, great for repairing or making a new seat cover.

^ a man after my own heart. Reuse/recycle.

Cobbler. Got a shoe dude that does all my seats for me.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Rayco will do any seat any external fabric for 75.

I use stuffed animals the synthetic stuff is so durable it would surprise you. Also squirrel proof.

Squirrel proof is important...

you can (or at least used to be able to) get scrap ends from closed cell foams on ebay, closed cell foam like neoprene is much stiffer and doesnt soak up water. not what you're looking for but it's a pretty good option for seats in general, especially if you're sewing it and have issues with wet seams.

I like your thinking Rebel! Reuse & repurpose. Next time I see black leather chair, I'm gonna grab it! Thanks for the tip.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account