No compression

I just tested my compression on my Sachs and it 0 ,also Checked the points and they never open,any idea what’s going on? I wanted to get something to work on with my grandson think I found it.Thank you

Re: No compression

Bad rings or gasket , both ?

Looks like you'll be pulling the top end to find out .

While you have the flywheel off , be sure that the point cam is smooth and the point heel that rides on the cam is not worn off or too much .

I’ll pull the head off soon,that’s not a big deal,but if is the cam that works the points on the crankshaft ? That will be quite a project I ordered a flywheel puller and adjustable spinner .Thanks

I thought in some posts you had fire..are you sure you are turning the.motor over and not in pedal mode..

You may be right .Do you have to hold in the clutch to move the piston?I was messing around with the timing ,took the plug out put adowel rod in the cylinder turned the flywheel and the dowel moved.

I'm not sure what ped you're working with but are you calling the decompression lever the clutch.if so yes you pull the decompressor lever to engage the starting clutch .if not you are only turning the pedals and wheel

Thank you for the info , I’m having another senior moment .Im waiting on a clutch tension spring because I found out mine didn’t have one when I bought it luckily someone on this site had one.I just can seem to understand how by turning the flywheel the piston is not moving in the cylinder ,why was the dowel in the cylinder moving. I know your 100% correct

> Tim Doll Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Thank you for the info , I’m having another senior moment .Im waiting on

> a clutch tension spring because I found out mine didn’t have one when I

> bought it luckily someone on this site had one.I just can seem to

> understand how by turning the flywheel the piston is not moving in the

> cylinder ,why was the dowel in the cylinder moving. I know your 100%

> correct

If you turned the flywheel and the dowel moved then your piston moved ..the pedals won't turn the flywheel unless you pull the decompression lever to engage the clutch to turn the motor..without pulling the decompression lever you are in pedal mode and the motor does not turn

You will need to have the clutch spring in place and the clutch in working order to be able to start the ped with the pedals..my advice is work on anything else that needs attention untill you get your clutch spring and the clutch working ..

Just a thought..have you taken the side cover off and know the spring is missing?..just saying that somebody might have pulled the bolt out that holds the spring not knowing it holds the sping and let it fall.in the motor then replaced the bolt..

I’ll wait till we get the clutch working ,it was a bear trying to work without that spring.

So that’s also why the points weren’t working also. Thanks again for the explanation

♣Slew Foot♣ /

All that spring does is put tension onto the clutch itself so that it starts and then once it starts it will return to the neutral where does it pushing on it when it pushes on it it's just to start it. The clutch relies on a cogged wheel and plates that fit on it along with centrifugally waited donut that wants in motion pushes up against the sides of the clutch Bell. There are many listings on how the set the pre axial load on the clutch I have found that usually the plates go in a certain order on that clog and they will move freely back and forth with the springs does Little Wave washers should be replaced if you can find them when I send you the spring I'll send you a couple of the other parts that you can use you got to figure out which ones you really need work with cuz it's really cold here it's Saturday some guy that stole my moped 10 years ago and has to pay me restitution sent me a $15 check and then put a hole in my tire and after my accident I'm not too cool with laying on cold cement and fixing my tire 2 find the post office closed at 12 and it was already 12:30 by the time I got the tire fixed none-the-less re spacing the different brake hub the fit on the smaller pook rims and redoing the brakes and everything so it works I'm good but I couldn't do it under 45 minutes in the cold but like I said figure out what you really need I have a point point set and a condenser and some clutch parts so give it a good going over and PM me with some requests of as to what you will need you got a whole bunch of credit

We picked up this bike a couple weeks ago and it’s really in good shape,it was 300$ and I think we’ve had that much fun with it already .We got it mostly for the sixtee year old,he doesn’t know about it yet.I got him a set of mechanic tools no not snap -on.we really don’t see a lot of mopeds here When I was a teen my Dad bought me a home made job that he saw for sale in someone’s yard , it had a 3 horse flat head with a centrifugal clutch I ran that thing ragged.This is a great website,it’s great to have a hobby like this ,maybe keeps a lot of kids from becoming IPhone addicts.Thanks

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account