Re: Bing carb tool

Tim Doll /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Thank you for the response and research.I bought this bike recently as a present for my grandson, he wants to be a mechanic. The previous owner could not get it running and bought him another.He also had a friend who also could not get it running.He had 3 carbs .2 aftermarket and the original. The original had a heavy coating of some type of caulk around the seam I scraped it off, took it apart .The throttle valve was stuck in the cylinder of the upper body.I removed it, cleaned and polished and cleared the hole in the center of the valve that goes over the pin thingy.

I took out the main jet it was #58,which is correct .I followed all spec and print ,put it on the bike knowing it would prolly leak but at least maybe it would run,it didn’t. I’m thinking it may be an ignition problem because this motor has had 3 carbs.fuel tank cleaned ,peacock cleaned.new fuel lines filter,ethanol fuel and correct 50-1mix and it still does the same thing.It will only pop a couple of times .It has good spark and compression.I took the cap off the flywheel.There is a lot of dirt in that system.I just ordered a flywheel puller and adjustable pin spanner wrench,it’s obvious this area has not been looked at for a while.any suggestions ? Thanks again

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account