Re: New Engine to replace Sachs 504

Frank Bailey /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I second sticking with the 504. I rescued a 504 and the Westlake it was attached to. Both should have been scrapped for parts or just scrapped. I had to rebuild the engine twice because the cranks big end bearing failed after a bit of thrashing. It hits 40 something now with the Airsal kit and a pipe with the stock carb. The clutch has been just fine. Don't believe all the negative from those that never ran one. I did have to replace the steel clutch disk that the donut rubbed against as a groove had worn. I'm guessing due to rust as the clutch has been open to the elements for who knows how long. It's always easier to repair what you have instead of reinventing the wheel. Although some people have special skills in this area. It's another fun ped for me.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account