a35 wont pedal backwards

So I bought my first project a targa LX a little while ago. I started working on it and started to replace gaskets. I replaced the clutch cover gasket and oil and now the transmission is wacked. I cant pedal backwards to kick the engine over. When I pedal backwards the transmissions try to kit the engine over then the pedal slips and makes a grinding sound. I can still pedal forward fine but I can't kick the engine over. I looked at other post and people say to align the c clips on the sit shaft but I have no clue what that means. If you could dude down the answer that would be great Thanks...

Re: a35 wont pedal backwards

♣Slew Foot♣ /

The sprang fell out...

A35transmission3.jpg

#209 48 fits in the case halves and is shimmed by two washers. It should all fall in place when lined up. The case should snap on w/o resistance.

So it goes on the opposite side of the clutch. If it fell out does that mean it's sitting somewhere on the floor?

I did I found the clip out of place but how do I get it back into place thanks?

15760665702083614560992304117886.jpg

♣Slew Foot♣ /

A pencil. It is easier to

Re assemble...and don't let it slip out of place

Ok thanks do I just push it up with a pencil and wait till it clicks or do I have align things with it

It needs to fit into the case like this. (except still attached to the pedal shaft obviously, it's just easier to visualize without the sprocket in the way).

Thanks I'll try it this afternoon

So I put the thing back in place it it catches now but when I pedal backwards it is really hard and the engine does not move it turns the sprocket backwards now and it is really hard to turn

Well I found what is probably the problem I sheared the c clip so that's why things are bad do I have to rebuild the transmissiom now?

its called a peanut, u can buy another one and pop it back on. it does need a bit of friction on it to work right. just triple check b4 u put on. buy a new cover gasket too and anything u forgot to get.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account