82 Honda Express SR 50 starter removal??

Danny Warner /

so... apparently have the motor and drive have to be removed to have enough room for the starter to drop out? i have the 2 bolts out and it moves about 1/4 inch but hits the backside of the housing where the kickstart mechanism and pulleys are... ugh,thought this would be a easy job! hahaha any input would be appreciated

Re: 82 Honda Express SR 50 starter removal??

Jack Rutherford /

I think just the stator cover needs to come off and maybe the rear fender if you have it still. My buddy did this a week or so ago and I was there.

I suspect it's like the NU50M. Remove the wire and bolts. If I recall, it gets tilted and removed out the back side. But there was only ONE position where it could be removed. Try every conceivable angle and rotational position.

Mopeds for ever MFE /

To remove an electric starter from a honda nu50m deluxe you must take off the rear off to gain clearance otherwise it will not come off.

"you must take off the rear off"

Please explain.

Danny Warner /

i havent messed with it for a few days, ima get on it this week though. funny cause the 2 bolts are easy to get to, the wires are easy to get to, then the starter is another story, i have the scooter on a bench now, so maybe im missing something that now i may be able to see..., i can try the every angle possible approach !

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account