Iso Express Repair help in Chicago area

Hello all,

TLDR: mechanical novice seeking in-person help fixing Honda Express in Chicago - WILL COMPENSATE IF NEEDED

My Express is giving me trouble. While it seems to be in order, it isn't getting a spark (other minor issues as well, but you don't need that novel). Over the last year or so I've been trying to fix/diagnose the issue with no luck. A while ago I more or less gave up on it; here is why I am reaching out today: a) my lease is up in Feb and I would like to have it running before I move out, b) I have access to a car that can fit the Express in the trunk for the first time since I moved to IL, and c) for the first time in my miserable life I have a job with disposable income. So, knowing that I lack any serious workspace, tools, or experience, I am reaching out to the 2 stroke community for help. To be clear, I am not looking for advice on this post, rather, I would like to meet up with someone who has greater knowledge/access to better equipment. I can bring the Express anywhere in the Chicago area, and will bring fresh spark plugs and every little bit of 2 stroke hardware I have. I am willing to compensate with cash (within reason) or beer (without reason), or a combination of both. I am reaching out in good faith because I want to use this rather poor situation as an opportunity to learn more about small motor mechanics and meet locals with similar interests. Even if it is a simple fix, I truly prefer in person help. Please DM for details, I will be on the forum frequently over the next few weeks but any evening/weekend from now til mid January I can make time with advanced notice. Thanks, I really dig this weird little bike and I don't want it to be another parts bike just yet.

Re: Iso Express Repair help in Chicago area

hmm, and the MOPED shop's temp closed. maybe cesar, what's he call his shop? Shit i dunno

Well if you recall where/how to reach mr. Cesar, let me know. Thanks for reaching out.

My roommate will be back in the Chicago area once he's done with finals, hit him up on here: https://www.mopedarmy.com/riders/milkbuckets/

Terbo Speghetti /

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> hmm, and the MOPED shop's temp closed. maybe cesar, what's he call his

> shop? Shit i dunno

Cesar is a loose cannon and it's not safe to tell anyone to spend time with that guy. And he moved to Detroit.

Alex Fredericksen /

PM sent.

IMG_20191203_125402101.jpg

^ Nice, enough power to push those big knobbies?

Alex Fredericksen /

Does just fine. Kit, carb, pipe combo doing 40+. Two speed is a nice touch as well.

^ NICE! :) I really like that bike, great work. I have a 1 spd, very slow, I'm good with it, needs a good carb clean out etc, but runs rides, I enjoy the bike...but never would have imagined those tires. 2spd would be the way to go, real kick start too, mine has the spring, works great until it doesn't lol. Keep her locked up!

Alex Fredericksen /

Thanks. Tires barely fit but are comfy and increase wheel circumference. Had to use an angle grinder and cut the knobs down a lil on the rear to fit in there. 14"x2.5"

Thanks all. Alex, you've been PMed. Nice '82 btw, '82 is the best looking Express imo.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account