1977 Peugeot 103 ... won’t idle

All stock except installed Motobecane CDI party and condenser from treats. It has original Gurtner carb and air box.

Runs really well all over the place, but when you stop, the moped will die if you do not maintain a little throttle? I played with the adjustment and can either get it to rev really high or when I lower it, it will just die.

Wondering what people think? I measured 1.5mm before top dead center and set timing marks. I knurled the crank so it won’t slip. Clutch is installed right and bike starts first kick.

I ordered a new carb from treats yesterday 15.15 sha, some jets 50s and 60s. Also ordered plug for decompression as currently that is hooked up.

Thoughts?

Re: 1977 Peugeot 103 ... won’t idle

http://www.myronsmopeds.com/category/gurtner-service/

clean the idle passage.

also ultra curious about where you wired your condenser into your CDI setup.

Hi Steve, I did not mean condenser sorry. I meant regulator. I’m a newbie to mopeds. I restored a Columbia commuter 78, working on getting this Peugeot up and running, have an Indian 4 stroke as well to work on. Not bad for seeking them in Alaska where there literally are none! Hard to come by here... Cheetachrome helped me out with the wiring diagram which immediately provided a nice spark by hand. I read on the idle passage in another post and will check that out. Where is it located on the carb?

Thierry Marseille /

Hello

A CDI on a 1977 Peugeot 103 ?

the transistor do not exist at this time :-)

tune the spark time like this: on the magneto wheel the breaker need to start open 21mm before the top dead center (0.4mm open).

clean all smal hole on the carburator

zap

Thanks this was resolved with retiming as you noted and a 15.15 SHA carb. Runs like a dream. Yes CDI from treats in the party pack. It’s awesome!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account