Tomos wet plug, runs bad

Hi.

I recently bought a tomos quadro (dont know what year) and it dont run so good, it starts on the first kick. Keeps Idle, and i can throttle it but it dont have any power. When i ride it dies, and spark is wet.when i put the plug out it comes some White smoke. It sounds like its missfire to, I dont know what to check.

I have change plug and ignition hat (old one had much play) i have clean the carb, jet size 53, have try larger to, filter, check the reeds, clean the fuel tank and petcock, looked att the Piston and rings,

Maybe i have forgot something.

Thanks for Reply, sorry for My English.

/ OSKAR(edited)

Re: Tomos wet plug, runs bad

Replace yer fuel with new.

the top post has alotta things to check out. sounds rich, is your choke stuck on, what is a quadro?

I have replaced the fuel

The choke is working, looses when throttle(edited)

I want to know what yer calling the ignition hat? You mean spark plug boot?

Prob, replace that and get a new plug, and make sure it is gaped correctly. I don't know the model of your bike, but if it has points check/clean/replace if needed, set timing.

Here is a picture att My tomos. Yes ignition boot i have replaced, and spark plug.

Check the YouTube vid also

(edited)

Screenshot_20191204-163507.jpg

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Ngk 5hs...

NGK b6hs is installed ??

Chris - Bedford Quarterkicks /

Sounds like you're running rich. Try downjetting and see how that effects it.

The #53 jet is stock, so that shouldn't be the issue.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

It works better if you have an exhaust pipe almost 40% of your power is generated bye the expansion chamber

your exhaust might be plugged, or your timing might be off.

Hello. I have removed the cover to the flywheel ignition now. How do i know my timing is correct? Where shall the mark at the wheel match to? i dont have any clue... Have a look at The pictures. Please help needed .

IMG_20200104_210510.jpg
IMG_20200104_210457.jpg
IMG_20200104_210450.jpg

Some more. ...... .....

IMG_20200104_210604.jpg
IMG_20200104_210546.jpg

u need a timing light, fire mark should land between those black marks on case. doesnt an a35 reed block need gaskets on both sides? doesn't look like they r there.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Before you get all timey...

Check the basics. First what spark plug?

Second check your wiring. Its a points model so the feeler foot on the points might be worn.. The condenser may have dumped. But I think if it has a blue wire with a black stripe it is a ground problem. Tailight wiring where it goes into the frame under the wheel well. Bad killswitch...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account