Tomos wet plug, runs bad

Hi.

I recently bought a tomos quadro (dont know what year) and it dont run so good, it starts on the first kick. Keeps Idle, and i can throttle it but it dont have any power. When i ride it dies, and spark is wet.when i put the plug out it comes some White smoke. It sounds like its missfire to, I dont know what to check.

I have change plug and ignition hat (old one had much play) i have clean the carb, jet size 53, have try larger to, filter, check the reeds, clean the fuel tank and petcock, looked att the Piston and rings,

Maybe i have forgot something.

Thanks for Reply, sorry for My English.

/ OSKAR (edited)

Re: Tomos wet plug, runs bad

Replace yer fuel with new.

the top post has alotta things to check out. sounds rich, is your choke stuck on, what is a quadro?

Oskar Oak /

I have replaced the fuel

The choke is working, looses when throttle (edited)

I want to know what yer calling the ignition hat? You mean spark plug boot?

Prob, replace that and get a new plug, and make sure it is gaped correctly. I don't know the model of your bike, but if it has points check/clean/replace if needed, set timing.

Oskar Oak /

Here is a picture att My tomos. Yes ignition boot i have replaced, and spark plug.

Check the YouTube vid also

(edited)

Screenshot_20191204-163507.jpg

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Ngk 5hs...

Oskar Oak /

NGK b6hs is installed ??

Chris - Bedford Quarterkicks /

Sounds like you're running rich. Try downjetting and see how that effects it.

The #53 jet is stock, so that shouldn't be the issue.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

It works better if you have an exhaust pipe almost 40% of your power is generated bye the expansion chamber

your exhaust might be plugged, or your timing might be off.

Oskar Oak /

Hello. I have removed the cover to the flywheel ignition now. How do i know my timing is correct? Where shall the mark at the wheel match to? i dont have any clue... Have a look at The pictures. Please help needed .

IMG_20200104_210510.jpg
IMG_20200104_210457.jpg
IMG_20200104_210450.jpg

Oskar Oak /

Some more. ...... .....

IMG_20200104_210604.jpg
IMG_20200104_210546.jpg

u need a timing light, fire mark should land between those black marks on case. doesnt an a35 reed block need gaskets on both sides? doesn't look like they r there.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Before you get all timey...

Check the basics. First what spark plug?

Second check your wiring. Its a points model so the feeler foot on the points might be worn.. The condenser may have dumped. But I think if it has a blue wire with a black stripe it is a ground problem. Tailight wiring where it goes into the frame under the wheel well. Bad killswitch...

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account