Replacing Carb with Dell’Orto

I am thinking of replacing my square Bing carb with the Dell’Orto SHA 15.15 (with cable choke). What are some opinions of this carb?

Also, if anyone has one of these could I get some help with some of these dimensions? Looking for the upper and lower height highlighted in the attached image.

99515390-AF34-429D-9CEA-3BC3E0C24E37.jpeg

Re: Replacing Carb with Dell’Orto

Also, any problem with the clones of these carbs?

https://www.doscycles.com/products/item-76

This is the only clone I'd run. You could drill your carb out also if you have the stuff to do so. What you trying to run the carb on?

Dells are nice simple carbs. What most peeps don't realize is that the only way to tune the mid range & low end is to change the slide after the main jet is properly selected. In my case a custom 3-D printed slide was the ticket. (edited)

Get the Arbeo knockoff with the air bleed screw is the best one to select. Very tunable, they have a cable choke, also use the air bleed for idle low end trimming, slide profile for transition through mid range, main jet for upper range.

Thanks. I want to put it on a Sachs 504 1A.

Great, thanks for that recommendation. I found this carb on Treats.

https://www.treatland.tv/SHA-15mm-DAKAR-carburetor-p/sha-15mm-dakar-cable.htm

It says manufactured by Dakar but upon closer inspection I can almost see an Arbeo stamp on the body.

30D60AD0-2ACA-430C-95E4-744116D660E8.jpeg

> J A Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks. I want to put it on a Sachs 504 1A.

Okay so here's the deal. The Sachs stock intake is 20mm OD. The new sha's are 21mm inside diameter without a shim and 19mm with a shim. If you can find a old Sha it's 20mm without the shim and fits the Sachs intake perfectly. They come in 14.12 and possibly 14.14 if you can find one. I have some old 14.12 I could drill out to 15mm and would fit the intake without a shim. I possibly have orings that will fit in the throat to help seal it on the intake.

> J A Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Great, thanks for that recommendation. I found this carb on Treats.

>

> https://www.treatland.tv/SHA-15mm-DAKAR-carburetor-p/sha-15mm-dakar-cable.htm

>

> It says manufactured by Dakar but upon closer inspection I can almost

> see an Arbeo stamp on the body.

Or you could turn the intake down to 19mm.

I have always just made 1mm of shim with cut milk jug strips, and fit a regular SHA O-ring in back of the SHA.

The SHA doesn't always directly fit on sachs frames either. sometimes it can fit, depending on the model and nuances of the individual setup. They usually need a little extra spacer under the intake. I would probably get the arbeo with the air adjust screw. The SHA your biggest clearance issue is against the frame on the side of the carb, that screw sticks out in that direction. Also people have had to remove or cut down even the idle screw on the side to get it to snug up against the side of the frame.

Also it definitely does not fit under the sidecovers unless you chop out a lil space

still, it's a better carb and more easily and cheaply tunable. I'm not saying don't do it, but be aaware it's rarely just a bolt-on easy swap

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

I recommend the knock off runtong 15.15 carb. It's just as good as dellorto and has the same dimensions. (edited)

aka runrong.

Theyre not bad. for the price it's probably worth it being slightly lower quality, they are cheap. Swelling of the float gasket, warping of the float bowl and wrong slide are the main issues i've had with runtong clones. But then again sometimes they're totally fine. I just use leftover old genuine SHA bowls and slides

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account