1995 Tomos Targa

Well when I got this moped it had a very hard time going into second so I relined both gears with 3/32 cork from Napa auto and it’s still doing the same thing. It runs great and when it does go into second it’s hauls ass compared to my other mopeds. Used type-F soaked the clutches for 24 hours after relining them and they were tried for 24 hours. One kick it fires up and it’s 28 degrees here and no choke needed. I’m lost any help ???

7F1C9331-4338-4BB1-891E-5E19F13498BC.jpeg

Re: 1995 Tomos Targa

what are you asking? a lot of info on fixing your clutch then about your moped starting easily without choke. is there a problem?

Just the clutch is the issue. Doesn’t go into second very good and sometimes not at all. Going down a hill it shifts into second good ??? Relined the clutches and still the same. People say if it doesn’t run good it won’t shift

sticking to one thread is easier. check to see if your choke is stuck. your filter clogged, or your throttle not opening up all the way.

Ok thanks. Do you need to drop the engine to get the carb out ? Looks tight in there.

> Brian Terrell Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Ok thanks. Do you need to drop the engine to get the carb out ? Looks

> tight in there.

It's a pain in the ass but you don't have to drop the engine to get it out. If you take the carb off the intake, then take the intake off, you can get the carb out

Ok ty

♣Slew Foot♣ /

1 part Castrol synthetic type f

3 parts marvel mystery oil

= blaster oil

A35transmission2.jpg

223 121 solder in place...

It could be that the rollercage is wern ...nd

I got the carburetor out and cleaned it real good but should the choke click off if I give it full throttle Like other mopeds? It’s not doing it ???? Thanks

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Did I had a Italian foreign car mechanic throw a Tomas in the garbage cuz he couldn't get that auto choke to work right it's supposed to release it wide open throttle wiggle the top loosen the screws it's doesn't ride the ramp right it's a common problem sometimes it helps if you adjust the arm there's a spring that supposed to hold the choke plate close to the body

Got the choke to work and it will shift into second on flat ground but my first 2 speed so does it supposed to take awhile to shift into second ?

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Usually it will shift when you let off the gas a little it all comes down to what kind of fluid you have and what kind of shoe you have when you have it right it should ship that about 11 miles an hour and then it should downshift at about 7

I have straight type-f tranny fluid. It’s fill until it goes out the over flow. It doesn’t shift into second until around 15-20 MPH

Probably about right for it to shift at 15mph with that small sprocket on the rear.

First gear seems very noisy (whininie ) second is completely quiet. Is that normal too ? Thanks

♣Slew Foot♣ /

A35's have straight toothed gears they whirr not whine.

Should I try this for the tranny

A7D8C913-C00B-4389-ADAA-C03E80FAD12F.png

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Depends on shoe construction.

Won't hurt anything. May make it take off like a rocket. I use this mix on old worn peds to swell the pads and seals It grabs quick.

I relined both with the 3/32 Napa auto cork gasket material. Just like the video and then soaked them over night. It is very snappy on take off.

william stoudt /

I had a similar problem recently. I found that my "new" clutch lining had been destroyed. What adhesive did you use? Check the lining again. It may be gone.

Gorilla glue with a large radiator clamp

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Jb weld marine grade when you go to do it you have to prep the shoes before each pad is applied when you do it you sand it and scuff it. Leaving the old glue res on there so the metal doesn't oxidate. Clamp=wrong..

Loosely use an old drum and let them dry shoe side down.dress the sides with filings. You want like 1/16" coat of jb. I use vibraam rubber from a shoe maker. When it wears out the jb weld is a better shoe material.

Ok thanks for the tips. I heard they have clutches now that are not cork ?

♣Slew Foot♣ /

yeah the cork ones weird discontinued a long time ago they mostly use Chrome leather.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account