Never saw this before

I drove to Rochester New York last Thursday to pick up Motron #10, a yellow Fairway. Totally different from a yellow Sprint because the sticker on the gas tank says "Fairway" instead of "Sprint".

With lots of free time on my hands due to knee surgery, I started cleaning it up and changing the tires and tubes. I was having a terrible time getting the rear tire off and had to cut the tire with a bolt cutter.

Inside the 16 x 2.25 moped tire was a slightly smaller bicycle tire, and inside that was the inner tube.

Can anybody hazzard a guess why a previous owner would do that?

Re: Never saw this before

Terbo Speghetti /

Primitive run-flat?

People do all kinds of weird stuff to tubes and tires. Maybe that's the only way he could get the tire on without popping the tube haha

Copious amounts of MBDs . Just like most everything else associated with mopeds . ;)

I've had that exact same experience. somebody shoved a bike tire inside a moped tire i guess just in lieu of a decent tube?

Worst i've seen was some clown who filled the entire tire up with triple expanding foam. that was a mess.

Terbo Speghetti /

Oh, my favorites are the tubes that people try to use that "slime" stuff inside of. Shit always oozes out the broken tube and into the tire and gets all kinds of gross

Overpriced Parts /

> Terbo Speghetti Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Oh, my favorites are the tubes that people try to use that "slime" stuff

> inside of. Shit always oozes out the broken tube and into the tire and

> gets all kinds of gross

I bought a 49k mi 1981 full frame Chevy 20 series van (though the short size) 4 brand new tires, three speed on the tree 250 six-cylinder for cheep back in the day,

Everything was clean, mint low miles but on the fourth Drive about 50 miles from where I lived in to a county 50 mi from away from mine my apprentice was following me in cj5 a jeep and all of a sudden a white/green spray start flying out of my left rear completely covering my apprentices jeep and washer couldn’t even keep up with the stickiness of the spray flat repair/slime some idiot put in there instead of patching it correctly!

I pulled over and put on the very bald spare, I took the tire to be repaired they were able to repair it but it had like five slimes in the 235 size tires in it!

With the clean up cost and the internal patch it was about half the price of a new tire but since the new exact tire tire was not available anymore I chose that route,

After they fixed it in the car lasted for 4 seasons years before I scrapped it due to rust frame issues

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account