Square bing

85/12/101 square bong off a Columbia commuter that I bought for 50 bucks

Took the carb apart and found this rectangular bendy thing... but i don’t see it on any of the parts diagrams. Does this part go with this carb?

D4134C39-2E82-4F8F-92D0-32AF407EB989.jpeg
DC82C0B6-746A-42E9-8F8C-C8B6792F993A.jpeg
A6E90A06-67B7-4E41-818A-165ED0534465.jpeg

Re: Square bing

♣Slew Foot♣ /

well I have three Square bangs and none of them have that although there was one that came with a steel needle and it was for the float it did not have a Groove for the needle in the float that might go to one of those

I had the same bike with the same carb and never seen that piece in any of the times I took mine apart and reassembled it.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Does it go to the tickle valve it may have fell off the top

So does anything go in the slot / groove? (Where red arrow is pointing in photo)

33310B41-00B5-4CD1-887A-80E3ECA307EB.jpeg

Looks like a piece of a choke slide to me but I never saw that piece in my 85/12/101

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Nope nothing goes in there

a choke would go in there, but no bikes ever came with that choke, always the cable operated choke on the airbox.

I could possibly imagine maybe that piece came outta that carb, but one thing i'm sure of is that you don't need to put it back in.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

It's funny because that piece looks so familiar I think I did find it inside of my square being without the float needle Groove

looks like a choke slide but you dont need it because youve got the plastic choke thingy inside your airbox

someone prolly put a bing top that had a choke slide on a square bing bottom that doesnt need it

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account