Garelli Gran sport Pop sound and sudden loss of power under wot

Joseph Pecaitis /

I was riding my 1978 Garelli Gran sport today which as been working great for the past 2 months. This moped has a Polini 70cc kit, 14 12 Delloroto carbs with a 65 jet( i know this is shitty im going to upgrade to a 19 or 21mm soon) and Garelli brn custom head, and a temp gauge on the head which doesn't reach over 330 degrees. Today I had a bit of a scare when I was going up a hill which wasn't too steep under wot and I had for just a moment a loss of power and a loud pop that happened once. I got off the throttle and then got back on it and it didn't happen again but I only rode it for another 2 miles until I was back. Any ideas for this? I would rather not have this happen again and destroy the internals

Re: Garelli Gran sport Pop sound and sudden loss of power under wot

if it ran normal right after pop. id suspect something outside motor, brakes, chain, speedo, but i have heard of the condenser blowing up.

Joseph Pecaitis /

Thanks, I think it may have been the speedo cause that just stopped working recently like right after I was done riding but that doesn't really explain the loss of power. Are there any tests I can do to see if it's electronic or mechanical?

Show me a picture of the plug you are running

Which spark plug do you have???

20170113_172958.jpg

> live ɘvil Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Which spark plug do you have???

> >

Probably a fouled one.

almost always plug

Or hes got one with a protruded tip like the one above on the left^^. Can't run those with that head. Will mash the ground electrode into the center electrode.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account