Derbi Manhattan not getting fuel

hey guys im really stumped on this derbi im working on. i had a bad stator and i hammered on it to get it off, put the new stator on and now its not firing fuel into the cylinder. i mention the stator replacement because after i replaced it that's when the problem occurred. the intake is not on the cylinder its on the case. i took the stator back off because i thought i cracked the case but i see no signs of that anywhere. before i did the stator it was getting fuel fine now its not getting any and i dont know what i did. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Derbi Manhattan not getting fuel

What year is it? You probably unhooked the vaccum line going to the vaccum operated petcock. (edited)

i actually deleted the vacuum line for the petcock but the problem started before i did that with the original vacuum petcock.

> tommy woods Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> i actually deleted the vacuum line for the petcock but the problem

> started before i did that with the original vacuum petcock.

What kinda petcock on it now?

check fuel flow to the carb, does the float bowl fill? If not it's a float or petcock issue. if it's just not getting to the cylinder, i duno could be reeds or compression or airleaks but I don't think the stator's related. what makes you think fuel isnt getting to the cylinder?

normal gravity open close petcock

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> check fuel flow to the carb, does the float bowl fill? If not it's a

> float or petcock issue. if it's just not getting to the cylinder, i duno

> could be reeds or compression or airleaks but I don't think the stator's

> related. what makes you think fuel isnt getting to the cylinder?

because before when i spun the engine over the cylinder would launch out a substantial amount of fuel. actually lit on fire by accident on the plug boot. now there's visibly no fuel vapors coming out. i just though the excessive force i used to get the stator off may have cracked the case or broken a crankshaft seal because i only had the issue after the stator repair but i cant find any evidence of breakage.

My Predator drove me nuts because I was too dumb to do a leakdown test. The water pump belt broke then the bike wouldn't start anymore. Turns out the belt took the seal out when it broke.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account